1. Stretch regularly to reduce stiffness and increase mobility.
2. Maintain correct standing, sitting, and sleeping posture. Avoid slouching or hunching over.
3. Try to reduce your stress and take time out to relax.
4. Maintain a healthy body weight. Cut down on simple sugars and fatty take outs, and drink plenty of water.
5. Sleep on a comfortable mattress suited to your body (not the lounge), and use a supportive pillow.
6. Never bend, lift and twist at the same time.
7. Get outdoors, get some sun, and be active. Regular exercise such as walking, swimming, or riding strengthens the spine.
8. Always lift and carry objects close to your body.
9. Decrease smoking, as it reduces blood supply to the discs between the vertebrae leading to degeneration and slower healing.
10. Regular spinal check ups with Chiropractic care.
Visit our sydney cbd chiropractor blog for more information on back pain treatment and various other related topics as you see in Top 10 Back Care Tips