Orthotics are provided by our Sydney CBD Chiropractor at Advanced Sports Chiropractic which helps many people with arch, heel and foot pain.
Plantar fasciitis causes stabbing or burning pain that’s usually worse in the morning because the ligaments tighten overnight. Once your foot warms up, the pain of plantar fasciitis can ease, but it may return after long periods of standing or after getting up from a seated position. Orthotics help relax the ligaments affected.
After assessing the feet, treatment for foot pain such as plantar fasciitis may include;
- prescription of custom made orthotics
- massage or stretching of the foot ligaments, achillies tendon and calf muscles
- assessing for pelvic or low back spinal misalignments
- treating hamstring, quadricep, calf, and hip flexor muscle tightness.
If you don’t treat plantar fasciitis, it may become a chronic condition. You may not be able to keep up your level of activity and you may also develop symptoms of foot, knee, hip and back problems because of the way plantar fasciitis changes the way you walk.
Custom made orthotics are foot supports which align your feet and legs to help relieve pain. Custom orthotics are prescribed following a thorough foot examination which includes an analysis of how you walk, bear weight on your feet, and after muscle or joint testing.
Benefits of Orthotics include relief from:
• Heel spur pain, achillies tendon or calf muscle strains
• Flat feet or arch pain
• mal-tracking of the patella (i.e. the knee cap) causing knee pain
• Shin splints
• Ankle instability causing recurrent ankle sprains
• pain under ball of the foot
• Lower back pain and Illio-tibial Band Syndrome (ITB syndrome)
• Leg length differences
• abnormal wear and tear of ankle, knee and hip joints
• Prevention of abnormal shoe wear
• For children – treatment of growing pains, to help correct abnormal foot posture
Orthotics are not a miracle cure, but can be a part of your overall pain management.
The orthotics our Sydney Chiropractor at Advanced Sports Chiropractic recommends are-
• Made using digital and precise manufacturing.
• long lasting
• not bulky and heavy and don’t make your shoes feel tight
• possible to be made as a slim fit for dressy shoes, or all-rounders for jogging and work shoes.